Children’s Rights and Business Principles (CRBPs) is a joint initiative of the Save the Children Sweden (SCS), UNICEF and the UN Global Compact.
The CRBPs are the first comprehensive set of principles which guide organizations on the full range of actions they can take in the workplace, marketplace and community to respect and support children’s rights.
CRBPs are business actions to respect and support children’s rights outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and the International Labour Organization’s Convention No. 138 on Minimum Age and Convention No. 182 on Worst Forms of Child Labour.
THE 10 PRINCIPLES
1. Meet the responsibility to respect children’s rights and commit to supporting the human rights of children.
2. Contribute to the elimination of child labour – including in all business activities and business relationships.
3. Provide decent work for young workers, parents and caregivers
4. Ensure the protection and safety of children in all business activities and facilities
5. Ensure that products and services are safe and seek to support children’s rights
6. Use marketing and advertising that respects and supports children’s rights
7. Respect and support children’s rights in relation to the environment and to land acquisition and use
8. Respect and support children’s rights in security arrangements
9. Help protect children affected by emergencies
10. Reinforce community and government efforts to protect and fulfill children’s rights